Alice part two: the return of the White Rabbit.

March 8, 2010 at 11:15 am 6 comments

Posted by: Meg Hunt
Book: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland

Curiouser and curiouser!

click to enlarge.

Just at this moment her head struck against the roof of the hall: in fact she was now rather more than nine feet high…to get through was more hopeless than ever: she sat down and began to cry again…After a time she heard a little pattering of feet in the distance, and she hastily dried her eyes to see what was coming. It was the White Rabbit returning, splendidly dressed, with a pair of white kid-gloves in one hand and a large fan in the other.

In this scene, Alice is in a great hall of doors and just after drinking that fateful ‘Drink-Me’ bottle and shrinking, and then eating the ‘Eat-Me’ cake, she finds herself too big to use her little key to go where she wants to go. Her tears are the start of the Pool of Tears– right now harmless, but in a little bit that’ll change!

Anyhow, I wanted to be sure to introduce the White Rabbit into this second scene, as otherwise you wouldn’t see him til late into the series. He’s a little fussy, a little dapper, but mostly shocked at this giant girl! I guess I would be too.

Next month, we get outdoors and start exploring Wonderland. I’m excited, how about you? Check back tomorrow though for Will Bryant’s next scene from Peter Pan!

Entry filed under: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Tags: .

An Unexpected Visitor Peter And Wendy: The Flight

• 1. sbosma  |  March 9, 2010 at 9:23 am

Getting better and better! I keep looking at this, soaking up all the textures and patterns. I can’t wait to see Wonderland.

• 2. kaliciesemier  |  March 9, 2010 at 10:38 am

The same thing’s been happening to me– I just keep coming back and checking out all the textures again! There’s a lot of really nice detailing in this, and the puddles on the floor are so fun. Well done.

• 3. S.britt  |  March 10, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Hear, hear! The patterns and puddles are tops, Meg! I also really like the little crystal table.

• 4. israel  |  March 10, 2010 at 10:00 pm

I SO like your color choices, the designs rock too!

• 5. Nancy Muller  |  March 11, 2010 at 7:54 pm

So many textures! But my favorite thing has to be the red outline on Alice’s hand, what a lovely trembling hand.

• 6. onlinebackup.failsafebackups.com  |  July 13, 2013 at 2:53 am

As far as support is concerned, MyPCB ackup offers phone,
    email and live chat support, an important feature for those that deal with weird weather.
    Pre-wired switch gear includes all the features of iOS Apple’s iPhone and iPad devices. Drop Box SDK offers a REST ful API and a native Objective-C API for iOS devices provides a convenient remote iPhone and iPad devices.