The Owl

May 13, 2010 at 9:35 pm 10 comments

In this installment, Mrs. Frisby and Jeremy reach the owl’s tree to gain advice over what to do about Mrs. Frisby’s sick son, Timothy. Mrs. Frisby enters the hollow trunk that he calls his home, alone, with not more more suggestion to his being than his glowing yellow eyes.

“When she got near this nest, she stopped and faced the owl, who had turned from the light of the doorway and was peering at her with his great yellow eyes. Jeremy was nowhere to be seen. She could only hope he was still waiting on the limb outside.

“‘Now,’ said the owl, ‘you may state your problem.'”

Entry filed under: Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh. Tags: .

The Hobbit, part four The High Schooler’s Guide to the Galaxy

• 1. Jonathan Liu  |  May 13, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Wow! I love this one.

• 2. Luciana  |  February 3, 2012 at 7:03 am

Ha, der Ungerer…ich habe mal alle meine VHS-Videos wssgeschmiegen, aber den arte-Themenabend mit Tomi Ungerer habe ich behalten. Toller Kerl.

• 3. fskdbx  |  February 3, 2012 at 11:05 am

3mCfJ3 jprbtfqvipum

• 4. ahpcvqxd  |  February 6, 2012 at 2:16 am

KQqEKN khillclzbbvn

• 5. John  |  May 14, 2010 at 5:47 am

Outstanding! A prefect realization of that scene.

• 6. Rob Dunlavey  |  May 14, 2010 at 7:14 am

This picture reminds me of Tomi Ungerer a little. I like it very much.

• 7. jeremysorese  |  May 14, 2010 at 11:30 am

Gorgeous! So smart and so simple!

• 8. Andrea  |  May 14, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I love this one! really really great

• 9. groeneinkt  |  May 19, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Absolutely swell! I love the dark olive green background and that silhouette.

• 10. Rick  |  May 25, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Excellent work! Minimalism and great use of space and shadow. At first glimpse I thought the background was all black. I moved it to my other monitor and the other colors and shapes popped out. I could really see this as a poster.