Here Comes Charlie

August 13, 2010 at 8:36 am 10 comments

Book: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Posted by: John Martz

I’m away from home so much this month, it’s another quickie from me this time. But, it’s one that allows me to introduce my next series of illustrations.

Having exhausted all I wanted to do with The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, I’m moving on to another favourite childhood book: Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

So here is its bookplate.

And Grandpa Joe said, “You mean to say I’ve never told you about Mr. Willy Wonka and his factory?”

“Never,” answered little Charlie.

“Good heavens above! I don’t know what’s the matter with me!”

It’s not much, but hopefully it whets your appetite for when I dive head-first into the book.

Entry filed under: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Tags: .

Short Reports: Rodrigo Avilés vs. One Hundred Years of Solitude The crest of Lord Greystoke

• 1. Jared Schorr  |  August 13, 2010 at 9:18 am

Nice. If they’re half as good as the Hitchhiker illustrations they’ll be amazing!!

• 2. Phil  |  August 13, 2010 at 9:31 am

I am VERY excited for this! It was the first book that I really became obsessed with as a young reader.

• 3. Federica  |  February 4, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Ten posts for found when I shacreed for “wort”; but it seems the searcher was allowing any word containing those letters so, really, it was “wort”hless. Still, fun though. My bouts of insomnia only drive me to drink; kudos on your productivity.

• 4. sbosma  |  August 13, 2010 at 9:52 am

Dang it this is so good, John.

• 5. Rodrigo Avilés  |  August 13, 2010 at 12:28 pm

yey!

• 6. Andrea  |  August 15, 2010 at 1:51 pm

AWESOME! i love love love it

• 7. Will Bryant  |  August 16, 2010 at 10:35 am

so awesome, John!

• 8. Weverson  |  February 3, 2012 at 6:52 am

A popors du livre de Michel Poivert, qu’y a-t-il de différent dans la nouvelle édition par rapport à la première ? J’ai déjà la première version et je me demande si ça vaut le coup de se pencher sur la nouvelle. Merci.

• 9. mislzebawzo  |  February 3, 2012 at 10:28 am